Kitchen Experiment #1: Hotcakes Are Pancakes

18 July 2014 § 0

I woke up with Sooki breathing down my face.

"Good morning Papa!" An innocent smile on her face. "I'm hungry. I want pancakes."

It was a Saturday morning so she didn't have class and can have anything she wants for breakfast. Half of my consciousness still in dreamland, I said yes. I closed my eyes to give myself another 5 minutes then the horror set in: I didn't have a hotcake mix.

"What am I supposed to do? Maybe I should just tell her to eat cereal instead. But I don't want to disappoint her... Aw that look on her face when she's disappointed... I can't bear it..." My mind bombarded with these thoughts.

Quick as lightning, I jumped off from the bed and went straight to the kitchen. Thank my lucky stars I have flour. And not just any kind of flour; a self raising flour. I'm saved.



Lifesaving Hotcake Recipe:
• 300ml self-raising flour
• 2 eggs
• 245g milk
• 150ml brown sugar
• 45g melted butter
• 2 tsps vanilla extract

Procedure:
√ Mix milk, eggs and vanilla extract (wet ingredients)
√ On a separate container, mix flour, and sugar (dry ingredients)
√ Combine the milk-egg mix with the flour mix
√ Add melted butter and vanilla extract
√ Mix until consistency is smooth
√ Leave inside the fridge for at least an hour

Makes 10 medium sized pancakes.


Making hotcakes from scratch has always been a hit and miss for me. And not to mention the clean up after. This time though, I think I've found my perfect recipe that's why I needed to document it before I forget what I did.

Verdict:
° Sooki - "It's yummy!"
° Alice - "Yummy yummy in my tummy!"

What's this?

You are currently reading Kitchen Experiment #1: Hotcakes Are Pancakes at gigoy.

meta

§ Leave a Reply